Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Eric Carle Style Art

Here are some pictures of some of the best creations by the parents and kids when we did an Eric Carle themed storytime and craft.  

In preparation for this craft, I painted randomly on plain white printer paper and let them dry.  I tried to mix up different colors and add whatever texture I had lying around.  

On the day of the craft, I cut the dried painted sheets in half and people chose their colors from them, created their animals and creations, and decorated them with other craft items.

I think my favorites to come out of the day were the blue monkey and the purple giraffe, but there were lots of amazing ideas coming from the kids and their parents.  Everyone loved this craft.

And, just as a disclaimer note, this was something we did summer 2011, but I wanted to share it with folks here.

--Virginia Osborne @ LOO



 







No comments:

Post a Comment